Highlighting the achievements of student teachers who are developing their RfP practice
This is the fifth year we have given Awards to Gold Star Student Teacher Examples of Practice.
The judges, Teresa Cremin, Isabel McDonald, Helen Hendry and Rebecca Simpson Hargreaves considered all the Examples of Practice that had been uploaded by Student Teachers to the RfP website in 2022. They were delighted with the standard of these and the determined and enthusiastic ways student teachers had read the research, evaluated and then enriched their own knowledge and practice. These young professionals are worth watching!
They following criteria were applied:
- That the student teacher had enriched their knowledge and understanding through engaging with the Teachers as Readers research about developing children’s reading for pleasure;
- That the student teacher had developed research informed practice that built on this;
- That their development work had made an impact, usually, although not always, on children‘s reading for pleasure;
- That it was an innovative piece of work;
- That the Example of Practice was visually engaging and professionally presented.
The Winners are:
Gold Reading for Pleasure Award
Sophie Campbell – Strathclyde University
Silver Reading for Pleasure Award
Louise Nesbitt and Kayleigh Reid
Bronze Reading for Pleasure Award
Talibah Miah – First-year ECT at Little Ilford School in London
Emily Ing and Ashleigh Bishop – Canterbury Christchurch University
Congratulations to all these student teachers and to their University tutors who supported their journeys as pedagogues and readers. Prizes are on the way!