This is the third year we have given Awards to Gold Star Student Teacher Examples of Practice.
The judges, Teresa Cremin, Isabel MacDonald, Roger McDonald and Karen Morris considered all the Examples of Practice that had been uploaded by Student Teachers to the Research Rich Pedagogies website in 2019-2020. They were impressed with the standard of these and the focused, determined and innovative ways student teachers had read the research, evaluated and enriched their own knowledge and practice, often tracking the impact of this on young readers. These young professionals are worth watching!
They following criteria were applied:
- That the student teacher had enriched their knowledge and understanding through engaging with the Teachers as Readers research about developing children’s reading for pleasure;
- That the student teacher had developed research informed practice that built on this;
- That their development work had made an impact, usually, although not always, on children‘s reading for pleasure;
- That it was an innovative piece of work;
- That the Example of Practice was visually engaging and professionally presented.
The Winners are:
Gold Reading for Pleasure Award
Lauren Young – IoE, University College London
Technology and reading amidst a pandemic
Silver Reading for Pleasure Award
Andrew Davis – University of Roehampton
Roman Civilization and Reading
Bronze Reading for Pleasure Award
Claire Tullis – University of Greenwich
Reading is where the magic happens
Megan Doughty – University of Greenwich
Check Your Shelf Before You Wreck Yourself
Alexandra Graham – Edge Hill University
Chloe Darriba – University of Roehampton
Kelsey Gale & Hollie Davy , University Of Greenwich
Congratulations to all these student teachers and to their University tutors who supported their journeys as pedagogues and readers. Prizes are on the way!